Adult Cardiac Sonography Specialization
Program Code: HSBSMACT
Location(s): Melbourne, Online
Delivery Method(s): On-Campus, Hybrid
Previous Degree Required: AS/AA
Eligible for Financial Aid: Yes
Additional Limited Access Application Process Required: No
Program Testing Requirements:
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Code: 51.2211
Florida Department of Education CIP Code: 1105122111
Students can only select one major and one specialization.
- Specific degree required: AS in Sonography
- Current ARDMS registration (any specialty), ARRT certification in Sonography Primary, or CCI certification.
|Complete Associate Degree||60|
|Applied Health Science Core Courses|
|HSC 3741||Writing for Healthcare Professionals||3|
|or ENC 3241||Technical Writing for Professionals|
|ISC 3523||Applied Scientific Thinking||3|
|General Education or Technical Concentration|
|Student will take 21 credits to satisfy general education requirements (36 general education credits are required).||21|
|Adult Cardiac Sonography Major Courses|
|SON 3402||Introduction to Electrocardiography||3|
|SON 4404||Adult Cardiac Sonography I||3|
|SON 4405||Adult Cardiac Sonography 2||3|
|SON 4945||Adult Cardiac Practicum 1||4|
|SON 4946||Adult Cardiac Practicum 2||4|
|Select 16 credtis from the following:||16|
|US Healthcare Systems|
|Healthcare Administrative Management|
|Healthcare Automation and Technology|
|Healthcare Risk Management|
|Clinical Observation/Volunteer Work|
|General Physics 1|
|General Physics 2|
|General Physics 1 Laboratory|
|General Physics 2 Laboratory|
|Total Credit Hours||120|
Learning Outcomes: Adult Cardiac Sonography
These outcomes apply to the Advanced Technical Certificate and if the certificate's courses are taken as part of the Applied Health Science Bachelor of Applied Science - Medical Imaging Specialization.
- Demonstrate professional behavior while in an adult cardiac clinical setting.
- Core Ability Supported: Work Cooperatively
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal Electrocardiography.
- Core Ability Supported: Think Critically and Solve Problems
- Identify abnormal and normal conditions for the adult cardiac cycle.
- Core Ability Supported: Think critically and Solve Problems