Law Enforcement Basic Training for Special Operations Forces Recruits, Clock Hour Certificate
Previous Degree Required: HS Diploma
Eligible for Financial Aid: No
Delivery Method(s): On-Campus
Additional Limited Access Application Process Required: Yes
Program Testing Requirements: Program requires submission of student's DD214
Academic Community: PBSA
Program Code: OPTC
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Code: 43.0107
Florida Department of Education CIP Code: 0743010710
- Leads to State or Organizational License or Certification: State Officer Certification Examination - Law Enforcement
- Cost Associated with taking the exam: $100
- Where to take the exam: Florida Department of Law Enforcement
The Special Operations Forces program is open only to students who have Special Operations Forces military training and meet other eligibility requirements.
This certificate program meets minimum education standards for law enforcement officers as required by Florida Statutes. The Law Enforcement Basic Training for Special Operations Forces Recruits program is a highly structured and disciplined program with specific standards, procedures, and regulations. Law Enforcement Officers provide for the protection and safety of the community through prevention and control of crime, enforcing the laws, maintaining civil order, regulating traffic, and providing emergency services. The program curriculum prepares the student to sit for the State Examination administered by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Visit the program page for more details and how to apply or call (321) 433-5638. Training is conducted at the Melbourne Campus. Day and evening programs are available.
- Applicants must provide a copy of their DD214.
- Applicants must have served in the special operations forces for a minimum of 5 years, provided there is no more than a 4-year break from the applicant’s special operations forces experience, as measured from the separation date from the special operations forces to the time a complete application for an exemption under this subsection is submitted.
- Applicants must be at least 19 years old to sit for the State Examination.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicant must not have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States.
- Applicant must not have been convicted of any felony offenses or of a misdemeanor offense involving perjury or false statement. Any person who, after July 1, 1981, pleads guilty or nolo contendere to, or is found guilty of a felony or misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement shall not be eligible for employment or appointment as an officer.
- Satisfy the requirements of a criminal history background check.
- Be of good moral character.
- Applicant must have a physical exam prior to program entry and pass a drug screening.
- Applicant must possess a valid Driver's License.
|CJK 0002||Introduction to Law Enforcement||12|
|CJK 0019||Interviewing and Report Writing||56|
|CJK 0020||Law Enforcement Vehicle Operations||48|
|CJK 0021||Serving Your Community||34|
|CJK 0032||First Aid for Criminal Justice Officers Proficiency||8|
|CJK 0041||Criminal Justice Firearms Proficiency||8|
|CJK 0052||Criminal Justice Defensive Tactics Proficiency||8|
|CJK 0063||Fundamentals of Patrol||40|
|CJK 0072||Crimes Against Persons||48|
|CJK 0073||Crimes Involving Property & Society||12|
|CJK 0079||Crime Scene Follow-up Investigations||34|
|CJK 0400||Traffic Incidents||12|
|CJK 0401||Traffic Stops||24|
|CJK 0402||Traffic Crash Investigations||30|
|CJK 0403||DUI Traffic Stops||24|
|CJK 0421||Conducted Electrical Weapon/Dart-Firing Stun Gun||4|
|Total Clock Hours||490|
Learning Outcomes: Law Enforcement Basic Training for Special Operations Forces Recruits CTC
- Apply the laws of arrest in determining if violations of the law have occurred and if an arrest is to be made.
- Supports Core Ability: Process Information
- Choose a safe stopping area when making a traffic stop, with an unknown risk.
- Supports Core Ability: Think critically and solve problems
- Apply the concepts of writing an effective, clear, and concise police report
- Supports Core Ability: Communicate Effectively