College Credit Certificate (C.C.C.)
College Credit Certificates (C.C.C.) offer a fast-track approach to a new career or a way to specialize in an existing career. Students can earn a certificate in as little as one semester, and can apply credits toward a two- or four-year degree. Many of EFSC’s Associate in Science (A.S.) degrees have imbedded C.C.C.s, and completion of the A.S. provides additional attainment of the respective C.C.C.s.
College Credit Certificates and Specializations
Please be aware that EFSC offers C.C.C.s with multiple specializations. Students may receive a specific C.C.C. only one time. While students may take courses from multiple specializations, the degree will be awarded only once. For example, student earns the C.C.C. Business Management, with the Management Specialization. Student then wants to complete courses in the Marketing Specialization. Student will not receive the C.C.C. in Business Management again. Student will pursue the additional courses as a non-degree major.
The transcript and diploma will be posted with the certificate name, not the specialization.
Not all C.C.C. programs are eligible for financial aid. See the "EFSC Programs and Admissions Requirements" pages at the beginning of this section for eligible programs.
A standard high school diploma or equivalent is a requirement for admission. Students must complete the Application for Admission to Eastern Florida State College and pay the application fee. An additional application to the program may be required if it is limited access. See the "Programs and Admission Requirements” listing for specific admission requirements such as testing and high school graduation.
Graduation Requirements for the College Credit Certificate
Responsibility for meeting the requirements for graduation rests with the student. The College Credit Certificate is awarded to those students who have:
- Filed an ‘Intent to Graduate’ Application and paid the graduation fee. Applications submitted after the published deadline will incur a late fee.
- Note: if student is applying for the A.S. degree in which the C.C.C. is imbedded, student does not have to apply for the C.C.C. It will be awarded automatically.
- Satisfactorily completed all courses within the program.
- Completed at least 25% of the credit hours required for the specific certificate through traditional instruction at EFSC.
- Achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher in the courses that comprise the program.
- Completed all coursework with a final grade.
- Students with a grade of “Incomplete” will not be processed for graduation until a final grade is posted. For graduation in the term of application, the final grade must be posted within the first three weeks of the following term. If the final grade is not posted within the first three weeks of the following term, student must reapply and repay. Student may request to have the “I” converted to a permanent ‘F’ if the course is not required for the credits to graduate.
- Submitted all outstanding transcripts and removed all financial obligations to the college. Final transcript or diploma will not be released until student has removed all financial obligations to the college.
- Accounting Technology Management
- Accounting Technology Operations
- Accounting Technology Specialist
- Aerospace Technician
- Aging Services
- Applied Technology Specialist
- AutoCAD Foundations
- Broadcast Production
- Business Development and Entrepreneurship
- Business Entrepreneurship
- Business Management
- Business Operations
- Business Specialist
- Central Sterile Processing Technologist
- Child Care Center Management Specialization
- CNC Machinist/Fabricator
- Community Health Worker
- Composite Fabrication and Testing
- Computer Programmer
- Crime Scene Technician
- Criminal Justice Technology Specialist
- Digital Video Fundamentals
- Domestic Violence Services
- Drafting Design
- Early Childhood Development
- Educational Assisting
- Engineering Technology Support Specialist
- Entrepreneurship Operations
- Geographical Information Systems
- Graphic Design Production
- Graphic Design Support
- Healthcare Navigator Specialist
- Help Desk Support Technician
- Human Resources Administrator
- Infant/Toddler Specialization
- Interactive Media Productions
- Interactive Media Support
- Intermodal Freight Transportation
- International Freight Transportation
- IP Communications
- Landscape and Horticulture Professional
- Landscape and Horticulture Specialist
- Landscape and Horticulture Technician
- Legal Office Management
- Medical Assistant Specialist
- Medical Office Management
- Network Infrastructure
- Network Security
- Network Server Administration
- Network Support Technician
- Network Virtualization
- Office Management
- Office Specialist
- Office Support
- Oracle Certified Database Administrator
- Preschool Specialization
- Real Estate Specialist
- Robotics and Simulation Technician
- Scientific Workplace Preparation
- Structural Assembly Tech
- Television Studio Production
- Veterinary Assisting
- Web Development Specialist