Landscape and Horticulture Specialist, College Credit Certificate
Program Code: LSCC
Delivery Method(s): On-Campus, Hybrid
Previous Degree Required: HS Diploma
Eligible for Financial Aid: No
Additional Limited Access Application Process Required: No
Program Testing Requirements:
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Code: 01.0605
Florida Department of Education CIP Code: 0101060503
This certificate is associated with the A.S. Landscape and Horticulture Technology and offers a sequence of courses that provide coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for a career in the Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources career cluster. The program provides technical skill proficiency, competency-based applied learning that contributes to work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of the landscape and horticulture sector within the Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources career cluster. The program can also be used as a starting point by students looking to pursue a traditional four-year degree in agriculture, food and natural resources.
The content includes but is not limited to instruction pertaining to an understanding of plant physiology and growth, plant classification and identification, maintenance of landscape plants and employability and human relations skills. Visit the program page for more details and how to apply.
For student success and safety, it is highly recommended that applicants to this program are able to meet the following:
- Students are able to lift 25lbs or greater.
- Students are able to read and understand application labels, warning labels, disposal labels, and instruction labels for various horticulture chemicals.
- Students are able to identify different color codes.
- Students are able to access the plants, ground, and soil.
- Students are able to use various horticulture tools.
- Students are able to work outside in various weather conditions and for extended periods of time.