DISBURSEMENT OF FINANCIAL AID
- Accepted aid will be in an “authorized” status prior to disbursement. Authorized aid will disburse on the published disbursement date if the student continues to meet all eligibility requirements. Students with authorized aid equal to or greater than their billing balance on the Fee Due Date will be secured in their classes.
- Financial aid will be based on the number of credits in which the students is enrolled that apply toward the student’s current degree or certificate program at EFSC.
- Students must meet all eligibility requirements at the time of disbursement in order for funds to disburse.
- Financial aid will not disburse until class attendance is confirmed.
- If students are registered for classes starting in a later part of term (i.e. Session II, Minimester B, Summer Term C, or Summer Term D), the Pell Grant will disburse in multiple payments to correspond to the various parts of term. Funds for later parts of term will not disburse until after class attendance is confirmed. For example, if a student attends 9 hours starting in Minimester A and 3 hours starting in Minimester B, three-quarters of the Pell grant will disburse on the initial disbursement date for Minimester A and the remaining one-quarter of the Pell grant will disburse on the initial disbursement date for Minimester B.
- Loans and Florida Student Assistance Grants (FSAG) will not disburse until attendance is confirmed in at least 6 hours included in the financial aid enrollment. If students enroll in parts of terms with different starting dates and will not begin attendance in 6 hours until later in the term, disbursement will be delayed. For example, if a student starts 4 credits in Minimester A and an additional 2 credits in Minimester B, the loans will not disburse until the initial disbursement date for Minimester B. Students should plan accordingly.
- First-time, first-year borrowers of federal student loans are subject to a 30-day disbursement delay. The 30 days are counted from the first day of the earliest published start date in the semester.
- Loans awarded for two semesters will be split evenly between the two semesters. Loans awarded for only one semester will be disbursed in two equal installments during the semester.
- Students must accept loans via Titan Web, complete entrance loan counseling, and e-sign a Master Promissory Note before loans can authorize or disburse. · Please refer to the Financial Aid Office’s website for disbursement dates. The initial disbursement dates for each part of term for each semester for credit hours classes are published in advance of each semester.