A student may graduate with the “Citizen Scholar” distinction by meeting the requirements below. Students must contact the Center for Service-Learning and Civic Engagement (CSLCE) to obtain information and deadlines for the Citizen Scholar Program. All requirements must be completed and submitted to the CSLCE office one month prior to graduation.
Citizen Scholar Requirements
- 300 community service hours
- Ongoing reflective journal
- Three (3) Service-Learning class components or 4th/5th credit hour options
- Three (3) credit hours of Community Service academic classes, i.e., SOW 2054 Community Involvement or SOW 1051 Human Service Experience 1/SOW 1052 Human Service Experience 2/SOW 1053
- Integrative final essay prior to graduation
- 3.0 GPA