Course Waiver/Substitution

A student may request a course waiver or substitution for a degree requirement by submitting a Petition for Course Substitution or Waiver form to the Office of the Registrar. The Office of the Registrar will consult with the appropriate program or cluster chairs to verify that the change will not impact the integrity of the program.

Courses are waived or substituted for specific degrees only. A course that is waived or substituted does not appear on the student’s transcript. Request for course waivers or substitutions must be submitted for each degree. Students with waived or substituted courses must still earn the required number of credits for the degree/certificate.