Landscape Specialization - Landscape and Horticulture Technician, College Credit Certificate
Students can only select one major and one specialization.
|HOSC 2010||Horticulture 1||3|
|IPMC 2323||Soils and Application of Pesticides and Fertilizers||3|
|LDE 2301||Irrigation Design and Maintenance||3|
|ORHC 1510||Plant Identification||4|
|ETDC 2320||AutoCAD Fundamentals||4|
|LDE 2110||Principles of Landscape Design||3|
|ORHC 1220||Turf and Landscape Maintenance||3|
|ORHC 2251||Nursery Operations and Management||3|
|Total Credit Hours||30|
Learning Outcomes: Landscape & Horticulture Programs
The outcomes below apply to the Landscape and Horticulture A.S. Degree (Horticulture Technology and Landscape Technology Specializations); to the Landscape and Horticulture Professional CCC; and to the Landscape and Horticulture Technician CCC (Horticulture Specialization).
- Develop a pest control plan for a select species using various control methods.
- Supports Core Ability: Communicate Effectively
- Manipulate plant growth and growth regulators on select plant species.
- Supports Core Ability: Think Critically and Solve Problems
- Characterize different biotic and abiotic stressors for a given plant species.
- Supports Core Ability: Process Information
- Demonstrate proficiency of Florida commercial fertilizer application laws, rules, and regulations (i.e. Chapter 576 FS, 576.021(1) FS, 576.045 (2) FS).
- Supports Core Ability: Model Ethic and Civic Responsibility
- Students will collect and identify a variety of plant species in an area(s) of choice.
- Supports Core Ability: Work Cooperatively