Rights and Responsibilities
As financial aid consumers, students have the following rights and responsibilities:
Students have the right to:
- Be informed about financial aid application procedures, cost of attendance, aid available and renewal requirements.
- Have confidential protection of their financial aid records. The contents of financial aid files are maintained in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Request a review of decisions made by the Eastern Florida State College financial aid staff. A letter explaining a student’s situation in detail should be submitted to the Director of Financial Aid.
Students have the responsibility to:
- Complete applications correctly and on time.
- Check their student e-mail and Titan Web accounts regularly.
- Read and understand all materials sent to them from the Financial Aid Office and other financial aid agencies by e- mail and/or letter; keep copies of all forms and materials submitted.
- Know and comply with the rules governing aid program(s).
- Comply with the provisions of any promissory note and all other signed agreements.
- Register for the appropriate number of credits in their program of study and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Request personal assistance if they have questions or do not understand the information provided to them.
- Register for courses that count toward the student’s degree or certificate.
- Attend class.