Satisfactory Academic Progress–Clock Hour Programs
Students need to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to be eligible for federal aid and state aid. The SAP requirements are designed to keep students on track to complete their academic programs in a timely manner by achieving minimum academic standards.
Determining Satisfactory Academic Progress
- SAP has both qualitative and quantitative standards.
- Both of the following requirements must be met to maintain SAP eligibility:
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.0 (Qualitative)
- The Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of all clock hour courses on a student’s EFSC transcript applicable towards the program must be 2.0 or higher.
- Within Maximum Time Frame (Quantitative)
- Students must complete their degrees or certificates within 150% of the published length of the program.
Frequency of Evaluation
- SAP is evaluated at the conclusion of each payment period. This is defined as the point when the student has attended the scheduled clock hours.