Cosmetology, Clock Hour Certificate
Program Code: COS2
Delivery Method(s): On-Campus
Previous Degree Required: HS Diploma
Eligible for Financial Aid: Yes
Additional Limited Access Application Process Required: Yes
Program Testing Requirements: TABE - Test of Adult Basic Education
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Code: 12.0401
Florida Department of Education CIP Code: 0612040102
This certificate program prepares the student for successful completion of the State Board Licensing Examination which is required for the practice of cosmetology. Students learn creative hair styling, hair design, and application of cosmetics to the skin, hair, and scalp.
Admission to the Cosmetology program is limited. Visit the program page for more details and how to apply.
|COSL 0080||Cosmetology I||240|
|COSL 0081||Cosmetology II||240|
|COSL 0082||Cosmetology III||240|
|COSL 0083||Cosmetology IV||240|
|COSL 0084||Cosmetology V||240|
|Total Clock Hours||1200|
Note: A grade of "C" or higher is necessary in each course for progression and graduation.
Learning Outcomes: Cosmetology CTC
- Demonstrate knowledge of hair shaping, spheres and dimensional shapes visualization, use of geometric shapes in combination or subdivided ideas translated to perform haircuts on a manikin or client, and the ability to communicate with clients.
- Core Ability Supported: Communicate Effectively
- Employ safe, sanitary, and efficient work practices.
- Core Ability Supported: Model Ethic and Civic Responsibility
- Perform proper procedure and application of chemicals for manicures, pedicures, and apply artificial nails, and nail wraps.
- Core Ability Supported: Think Critically and Solve Problems
- Incorporate safe, sanitary, and efficient work practices.
- Core Ability Supported: Work Cooperatively
- Explain employability and entrepreneurship skills importance.
- Core Ability Supported: Process Information