Veterinary Assisting, College Credit Certificate
Program Code: VACC
Delivery Method(s): On-Campus, Hybrid
Previous Degree Required: HS Diploma
Eligible for Financial Aid: No
Additional Limited Access Application Process Required: Yes
Program Testing Requirements:
Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Code: 01.8301
Florida Department of Education CIP Code: 0301830100
This is a one-year certificate program available as either a full-time offering or as part of the Veterinary Nursing AS program. The program aligns with National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA) recommendations for accreditation of Veterinary Assistant programs. Students will complete a task-oriented curriculum focused on skills required for assisting veterinary technicians and veterinarians in clinical practice and includes hands-on and clinical experiences under the guidance of veterinary and veterinary technician faculty.
Completion of the certificate program will serve as an acceleration mechanism for the Veterinary Nursing AS program at EFSC. Admission to both programs is limited. Visit the program page for more details and how to apply or call (321) 433-7575.
|ATE 1001||Introduction to Veterinary Technology||1|
|ATE 1601||Principles of Nutrition for Veterinary Technicians||1|
|ATE 1636||Large Animal Clinical and Nursing Skills||2|
|ATE 1742||Applied Veterinary Medical Terminology||1|
|ATE 1943||Veterinary Work Experience 1||1|
|ATE 1944||Veterinary Work Experience 2||1|
|ATEC 2050||Small Animal Behavior||2|
|ATEL 1311||Veterinary Office Procedures||3|
|ATEL 1650||Introduction to Exam Room and Clinical Procedures||1|
|ATEL 1652||Introduction to Anesthesia, Surgery, and Radiography||1|
|Total Credit Hours||14|
Learning Outcomes: Veterinary Assisting CCC
- Use common veterinary management programs and other software for generating presentations, papers, practice management paperwork, and educational handouts.
- Supports Core Ability: Process Information
- Implement appropriate sanitation procedures for animal holding, working and housing areas.
- Supports Core Ability: Work Cooperatively
- Perform surgical preparation of a patient including clipping and scrubbing.
- Supports Core Ability: Communicate Effectively